I knew the day was going to go wrong when I forgot to put coffee in the espresso maker before putting it on the stove.
- Aforementioned extra-light coffee. Well I guess it needed a bit of a clean anyway.
- The government is running a silly middle-class welfare effort to upgrade or add insulation to homes. Someone rang about it yesterday and was supposed to rock up at 8 (this early rise is almost certainly the cause of the coffee incident). They did call just after 8 to say they'd be late - 10. It's now nigh on 12.
- I called the A/C people about my dead A/C. Ok no problem, we'll have a look.
- Did 'one last check' before I embarrassed myself, not expecting anything. Lo and behold - it worked.
- Called to let them know, but still wanted to talk with a tech. He was busy so they'd call back.
- Left it running. Went to make my coffee (coffee in espresso maker this time), I use a microwave to heat the milk. Ahh dead microwave. Threw me - rest of house is working. Ahh blown fuse.
- So ... back on the blower. Ok they'll try to get someone out today.
- Couldn't work out which fuse it was, so ended up rebooting the whole house one circuit at a time as I checked. No replacement fuses, and the thing doesn't use a wire either. 5km to the nearest hardware store. Might be time for a ride.
Between me and a hot coffee or a cold house. Who the hell still uses these old things anyway?