Not really worth a screen-shot but I kept poking away at the player code and added some seek support. I've got it working pretty well on 'well-behaved' files, although it isn't nearly robust enough for 'general use'.
I then got totally side-tracked and started working on a Linux DVB interface. I just cut & pasted some of the jjmpeg binding code, and created a new shared library and namespace within the jjmpeg project. The task of binding the ioctl interface doesn't really match that of binding libavcodec but using the same mechanism should suffice. Not sure jjdvb is a great namespace either, but then again it will do. Now I just have to drag some coax across the room to the PC to test it, or try it on another machine ...
As an aside, with all this hacking of late I haven't been doing much else, although at least I got out and mowed the lawn today for the first time in 3 weeks. And fortunately caught some of the very brief sunlight. Also swept the leaves up and turned the compost heap over. But I didn't get to making the lime cordial I had planned to, although I prepared the bottles to keep it in.
(Today was a public holiday, and with Friday off too that was one long weekend of hacking - I think I need a day off!).